- A zero tolerance policy is in effect during all U League; competitions and events. Any people exhibiting violent, threatening or abusive behavior will be required to leave the venue and may face disciplinary guidelines
- Abuse of equipment will result in disciplinary action
- Any infractions regarding people exhibiting violent, threatening or abusive behavior will be assessed by the Disciplinary Committee in conjunction with the match officials and may result in suspensions or bans
- Players that consistently exhibit conduct towards officials and other players that, while not worthy of a suspension as an individual act, is constant in nature and deemed negative to the playing environment of the competition will be issued a warning. If the individual does not improve their conduct following the warning they may be removed from the event at the discretion of the court supervisor.
- Any abuse to officials, verbal or physical will not be tolerated and will face disciplinary actions
- Any player that receives three technical fouls during the course of the tournament will be suspended for the remainder of the event.
- Any player that receives three unsportsmanlike fouls during the course of the tournament will be suspended for the remainder of the event
- If a player wishes to appeal a decision by Disciplinary Committee, they must contact The U League within seven days to arrange a hearing.
- Copies of The U League Offences & Penalties Guidelines are available upon request.
Registration and Participation
- The team contact must register all of their team’s players with The U League by the cut-off date for the event. Teams may add to their roster up until the day of the event but are required to inform The U League of any changes to their roster.
- All players must be registered, under their own name, on the scoresheet prior entering the game.
- Teams must have three players from their listed team to begin any game. Only four total players can play on a given day
- Referees and officials will start the clock at the game’s appointed start time, if teams are not ready to play they will penalized two points per minute for ten minutes at which point the game will be declared a forfeit
Competition points, forfeits & Fines
- Forfeits are recorded as a 10-0 scoreline for ladder purposes
- Competition points structure is as follows: Win + 3pts, Draw + 2pts, Loss + 1pts, Notified Forfeits 0pts, Unnotified Forfeits – 3 points.
- The U League does not directly refund teams when their opposition forfeits. However, teams that have the opposition forfeit against them will receive a games worth of credit towards the next event. If a replacement game or scrimmage is played no refund will be issued.
- Teams may be docked points for conduct infractions at the discretion of the competition committee.
- Team fees are paid in one bulk payment, The U League administration shall inform team managers of the date on which fees are due for a given event. The responsibility for payment rests with the team manager
- In the event of a injury either the injured player or their teammates must notify The U League Court Supervisor immediately and the Court Supervisor will help them seek medical attention
- In the event of an injury players must complete a Incident Report Form with U League Staff. The Incident Report Form must be completed before the injured player leaves the venue and responsibility for the completion of the form rests with the injured party.
- Any player seeking to claim against The U League’s insurance must complete Incident Report Form and retain all medical documents and receipts they receive during their treatment
- The Court Supervisor and U League staff may assist the injured player, however, neither party are medical professionals and all advice should be considered in this light. Treatment options are the responsibility of the injured party.
- All players must have dark and a light jersey, ideally jerseys should be matching
- All players must wear basketball shorts without pockets
- No jewelry or objects that could cause abrasions may be worn during matches
- Teams with uniforms that do not meet the above criteria shall receive a five point handicap penalty in each game their uniforms do not meet standards.